Curriculum Advisory Board Members (7 Positions)
gold-youth is seeking a select number of African applicants to serve as Curriculum Advisory Board Members in a pro-bono capacity for 24 hours per year(2 hours per month). Such applicants should be committed like us to changing the system of youth education and upbringing in Africa. The role entails:
- Being passionate about youth and learner-centered approaches such as Peer Education
- Having influence in the education sphere in Africa and a good reputation for the work that they do
- Having the competencies required to review the gold curriculum and advise gold-youth accordingly.
- Being an advocate for gold-youth in national/international education forums, where possible
- Personally, and professionally upholding the gold values (Purpose, Servant Leadership, Integrity, Transparency and Compassion) and embracing a Christ Centred ethos that believes each person has been created in the image of God, therefore there is gold inside of every young person.
African candidates (representative of one of gold-youth’s current countries of operation preferred: South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Rwanda, Botswana, Uganda)
Qualifications and skills:
- Minimum qualifications of a bachelor’s degree in education preferred.
- Skills in curriculum development desirable
- Skills in learner centered pedagogy will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 year’s work experience in implementing education programmes in vulnerable communities in Africa
- Established understanding and demonstrable experience of blended learning methodology and how this is translated into capacity building in low tech and last mile communities and contexts
- Understanding of INGO and Community-Based Organisation context in Africa
- Experience in content creation for education programmes
- Strong proven organisational skills to deliver high quality outcomes in a dynamic environment
- An understanding of youth and/or community development ecosystem issues with a focus on youth social behaviour change, education, and job creation. Experience in training using the learner cantered pedagogy Proficient in English and Swahili or French an added advantage
Are you inspired to support our efforts as a Pan-African organization, at a pivotal time, when gold-youth is preparing to make a leap in terms of growth and scalable impact in the years ahead?
If yes, please consider applying to be a part of our progressive and innovative team.
Please study the attached job specification, having understood the role, address the key elements of this position and how you would tackle them by answering the following questions:
- Why do you think you should be considered to fill this role at gold-youth?
- Can you share your perspective on the importance of giving your time, wisdom, and experience in effecting positive change in education?
- How do you plan to balance your existing commitments with the 24 hours over a 12-month period requested pro-bono to fulfil the responsibilities of this role?
- In your opinion, how has your work in the education sphere positively impacted your community or country?
- What strategies or approaches have you used to build a strong reputation in the field of education?
Forward your CV together with the one-page motivational letter answering the above questions to Zanele Gqirana at firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of business on December 15, 2023.
Should you be shortlisted, you will be contacted and engaged for participating in the interview process between January 15-19, 2024. The candidates for these advisory positions will be expected to start when the Curriculum Advisory Board is launched in February 2024.
Please find the job specification here.