Investing in our youth for social and economic transformation
The message giver is the strongest message
Impacting Africa’s youth
gold-youth is a 14-year-old award-winning non-profit entity. We’ve used an evidence-based youth peer education model to reach over 55 000 young people in 123 communities in 4 countries and seen concrete results in social behaviour change, education and job creation.
gold measures its outcomes and impact in the following ways:
- A rigorous monitoring and evaluation system within which a log frame approach (LFA) matrix stipulates performance indicators and corresponding standards for programme delivery.
- Key proximal and distal outcomes are assessed through:
- annual quantitative research (e.g. pre- and post-surveys and academic performance assessments)
- annual qualitative research (e.g.: surveys, focus groups and interviews with: school principals, educators, community leaders, parents, Facilitator Interns, Peer Educators and peers).
- External evaluations by independent organisations and or funders
Please contact us for more detail on our impact studies research
Track Record To Date
There are 16 180 gold Peer Educators, trained and mentored, out in the world
gold has proudly facilitated a total of 687 job placements since 2015
gold has created 742 Facilitator Internships since starting the programme
A total of 48 111 Peers and children measurably reached by gold Peer Educators
Beneficiaries reached in 2017
7772 School, community and youth beneficiaries were reached.
1628 Adolescent gold Peer Educators equipped and mentored.
3988 Peers and younger children reached by gold Peer Educators.
184 Previously unemployable youth now in meaningful work
212 Youth supported to access further work readiness, vocational or entrepreneurial skills.
- Teacher Testimonial
- Parent Testimonial
- Peer Educator Testimonial
- Facilitator Testimonial
Please contact gold for numerous case studies in social behaviour change, education and job creation.
- 1st Prize: Commonwealth Good Practice Education awards for a best practice model in supporting education in difficult circumstances
- Best Health Project by the Mpumalanga Provincial AIDS Council
- Impumelelo Social Innovation Award for Education
- EMASA Education Best Practice Award
- gold CEO selected as an Ashoka Fellow (Social Entrepreneurship and change making leadership)
- Regional Business Women Achiever Awards: gold CEO was the winner in the social entrepreneur category.
- Global Citizen Award: gold CEO nominated as one of four finalists in recognition of her innovation, action and impact in the alleviation of poverty.
- Selected to be part of: Triga Social Entrepreneurship Fellowship: an accelerator network offering supporting to build high-impact, redemptive ventures that will positively impact the lives of an inclusive, broader community in Africa.
- Selected to be part of: Ashoka Globalizer Programme: supporting best practice models, through a systems change approach, to facilitate global scale.
- Impumelelo Social Innovation Awards: Award Winner for gold’s work towards systemic collaboration with Government
Influence Africa’s future & invest in our youth
Learn how you can work with gold to change the system of youth education and upbringing in Sub Saharan Africa.